A blog can be an incredible online marketing tool that will provide great business opportunities if you've got self employed aspirations. Blogs are a customized user-friendly, and flexible medium for disseminating useful information that will be effective for the positioning of products and services in the market. Businesses and internet marketers that engage in blogging have a definite edge over their competitors.
Here are some advantages:
? Word-of-Mouth. In a survey, there are currently 14 million blogs with 80,000 more being added each day and about 30 percent of the 50 million users are blog readers. Imagine how much your or a business will gain, if products and services are advertised through blogs.
? With the Internet, information can spread very quickly especially if an impressive write-up goes with a product or service. This means that soon the blog will be passed on to hundreds of possible customers.
? Awareness and loyalty. Open communication with your customers creates trust and loyalty among them. Being there to respond to questions and comments will make them all the more willing to try your products and services.
? Feedback. Blogs are good for product research and reviews. It would be easier to improve on your products if you observe your customers’ thinking and behavioral patterns. You can also take immediate action to your customers’ concerns.
? Community halo-effect. Bloggers are reasonable, friendly and helpful. They are more than willing to create a blogosphere of comments regarding your product. The only thing you have to do is embrace it and take an active part in the culture so that your product will be considered in their next stop to the supermarket.
Remember the following safety measures in blogging:
? Legal issues are sometimes involved in blogging, and it is much safer to include disclaimers and limitations of liabilities.
? Corporate communication and legal departments are responsible for educating the senior management on how blogs might affect business.
? Businesses and internet marketers should create blogging policies, that set limits on who gets to blog and what information is allowed to be made public.
? Avoid outright marketing of a blog or you will scare away your readers. People want to be helped not marketed to.
? You will also have to keep the content updated, relevant and fresh, while having and enforcing core values.
For the best marketing results, actively promote them by submitting them to search engine sites and directories. Don't forget to paste in with your blogs, a not so spammy URL. Be sure the content contains exclusive information with value to keep readers coming back again and again. Then proof read and move on to the next one and click for updates.
A Blog is like a setup booth in the biggest trade show on earth everyday. Marketing possibilities can be just around the corner waiting for you to scale up your sales.
The Really Simple Syndication (RSS) feeds are important for your blogs to get the best benefits, so use RSS feed applications for quick and efficient news updates. Use effective keyword phrases to generate a high ranking status in the search engines so you'll have a better chance of people finding your website thru your blogs. More traffic can mean more potential sales. So yes, RSS is a very useful tool for business and internet marketers alike.
Now if you're convinced with the potential of business blogs for marketing products and services, businesses and internet marketers are now ready to start blogging. But first, a business or internet marketer should be in tune with some objectives to determine if blogging will really help achieve their goals.
Some ideas to consider:
1. Several blogs are dedicated to teaching people the do’s and don'ts of blogging, READ them! Include in your reading materials blogs that are consumer-based too to give you an idea.
2. Set up several test blogs and keep playing them till you get it right.If the try outs worked well and you're learning, you can now start optimizing the blogs.
3. Study blog design. Blog hosting services provide pre-designed templates. But if you opt for a paid blog service, you can ask an artist to design and layout your blog site for proper branding.
4. Its good to have a lineup of topics and content for your blogs but be sure they are in relevant with your business and marketing objectives. Test your flexibility and open-mindedness if results go against a set of objectives.
5. Complete 20 posts before going to marketing and regularly monitor the coming and going of readers and get updates. Then, measure your results and adjust as needed. You can always play with your designs so that they match your brand and cement identity in peoples minds
Once you have done all these things, you can now ultimately enjoy the benefits of Blogging as a Self Employed Inspiration for building your very own work from home business.